Monday, March 25, 2013

Preparing for the busy season - St. Louis Photographer

In the photography industry it is pretty slow in January, February and this year, March. Exposure is based just outside St. Louis, MO where yesterday we got the biggest snowstorm of the winter (even though it's actually spring). 

I have to admit that the "slow" season is actually nice after the crazy, busy fall season. You know, everyone wants their photos by Christmas, so it's a lot of late nights, a lot of phone calls and emails, and just a lot of work. Then Christmas comes and it's silent. And I just breathe.

But I know that the busy season is just around the corner and boy do I have a lot of prep work this year!  It's kind of like spring cleaning. I make a to do list and a list of goals. This year the lists are extra long because we just moved into a new house and I am relieving myself from maternity leave (after 1 full year). 

One of the best parts of working for yourself is making your own schedule. So, when we started building a new house, we were trying to sell the old house and I had a new baby I simply gave myself time off. Nice, huh?

Well, it was nice while it lasted, but now I have a lot to make up for. 

One of the biggest projects is going to be building the new studio. It will be in the basement, which will be so nice. Our old house didn't have a basement, so I would literally rearrange my living room for every studio session. It's no wonder I do mostly on location sessions, right? 

The next big project/goal is to promote senior portraits in our local high schools. I am preparing to put together a senior ambassador program, so keep an eye out for that if you are interested. 

Another project is to get all the info from my website onto my blog and cancel the site. It just doesn't make sense to keep it. It's not easy to update, so it's always outdated. And it seems people like to read and look at blogs. "Give the people what they want!" That's what I tell myself.

I have lots more on my lists, but I won't bore you with those. 

What's on your agenda for spring? Any to do lists? Goals? 

By the way, do you like this BIG font? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! Subscribe by email to stay updated on my latest work!